Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Nice little layered effect... "I got poofy and poofy and poofy!"
Reading "Mother Jones"...
Trying out Daddy's new boots...
Rosie likes squishing things: her mama,
her beloved kitty
I don't think the horse felt too squashed. This was fun-- down at the Kauai Coffee Co. Christmas open house. Santa was there for a minute but we all ran away. He was a bit too jolly. He crossed the line into positively jittery.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Let’s see if you can figure out who did which.
· Took a pottery class and learned to throw pots
· Took a swimming class and learned to put her face underwater
· Took an Aikido class and learned to have a beginner’s mind. And kick butt.
· Travelled to Tinian and
· Travelled to
· Travelled to Lappert’s and ate her weight in ice cream
· Raised chickens for eggs
· Raised herbs and vegetables for dinner
· Raised caterpillars and watched them turn into butterflies
· Read a heap of books, recommends Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
· Read many books, recommends Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind by Shunryu Suzuki, tied with Ferdinand
· Read every book in the kid section and recommends Snow White illustrated by Trina Schart Hyman
· Speared lots of fish for dinner
· Baked a small
· Subsisted on 17 calories a day—usually a teaspoon of milk and three grapes.
· For movies, recommends “Children of Men”
· Recommends the movie “Eagle Vs. Shark”
· Recommends the movie “My Neighbor Totoro”
· Started out tiny and cute and got big and loud—and lay eggs for us every day.
· Started out tiny and scrawny at the pound and got big and handsome and say “meow.”
· Started out tiny and is due to appear on the scene March 2, 2010
Thanks for your love and friendship, and we wish you a wonderful Happy Holidays!
Matt, Becca, Rosie Jo and Baby Stevenson
Friday, December 11, 2009
We're into dressups in a huge way. And layering. She's wearing about 8 different dresses here...
We had a little field trip to the fire station.
And RJ made her very own loaf of bread!
All of the most lovely art RJ does is temporary: "tattoos" on her arms, or chalk on the sidewalk-- and this was at Tutu and Me-- on a slick transparent piece of plastic. It was quite lovely.
Ah. All fancy on the Waimea pier.
While Matt was out of town we had to think of long drawn-out ways to amuse ourselves. Driving to the far side of the island for Jo-Jo's shave ice qualified.
Aw, braidy head.
Friday, November 20, 2009
As you can see, my kid is a full-body-contact-artist. Below are her very vibrant and exciting "tatoos." Good thing there was a hose nearby. (What, art is fleeting.)
We had a huge pile of dried coconuts mouldering on our front step-- we painted them into shrunken heads instead of getting a pumpkin.
And.... Rosie is a swing-fiend.
And.... a dress-up Princess fiend. Everywhere we go, she heads straight for the dress-up pile. Each outfit lasts about 2 seconds, or however long it takes to twirl once.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
And... here her fingers are "Fighting eachother!!!" complete with dialogue in different funny voices.